Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 1: Bloomsday

It's an annual thing that my family and I do. It's always on the first Sunday of May, and it seems very fitting that I'm also starting out my three month experiment with it. For anybody unfamiliar, Bloomsday is a 12k race held in my hometown of Spokane, Washington. Many people actually race- we always get some super fast Kenyans and then all of the track and xcountry kids from my old high school run it- and many people go in "packs" with some theme. People dress up; people scream for various causes. Local (mostly terrible) bands play. The residential areas are packed with people sitting in lawn chairs watching the Bloomies go by, cheering us on. Kids set up lemonade and otter pop stands.

The city comes alive.

Most years I just walk. I've done it every year since I was like 2 or something. Like I said, it's a family thing. And when I was little, I was.... very chubby? When I finally started thinning out and caring about being not fat, we had a little surprise addition to the family, and now we've got a wonderful little shining star, Livi, who walked the whole thing almost entirely by herself, making 11 minute kilometers.

Anyway, I'm feel really well today. Am I on target? Sort of, sort of not. I'm struggling to eat enough, even though I walked well over 8 miles (12k+walking to and from car). I've had one mini Reese's PB cup, because I have them right by my laptop (A+ for me!), 40 grams of raisins, and one medium mandarin orange. Hopefully I'll get in enough food tonight, but I'm not totally worried. My next two days are light- flexibility yoga (not strength) and then some belly dance.

According to my HRM, I burned 1200 calories in two hours and 12 minutes, which would mean I burned  1,050 calories extra. Which is just not accurate. Sure we walked up some steepish hills ("Doomsday" hill has a grade of 6.5% I believe), but you don't burn more than 100 Calories per mile WALKING at my weight. I'm going with a surplus of around 500 Calories.

Highest Heart Rate: 149
Lowest Heart Rate (after warming up): 124
Average Heart Rate: 140ish

Which reminds me.
Quick Stat Time?

Thanks to the XX chromosome curse, I don't have legit weight and measurement stats for the start. I'm taking these from one week ago. The other stuff is pretty legit though, except for the mile time which I didn't do because I hate running, I didn't want to run before Bloomsday... and yeah. Time is from last December.

Height: 5'4" (just under)
Weight: 129.0 lbs
Waist: 27.75"
Waist, low: 30"
Hips: 36.5"
Thighs (l/r): 21"/21.5"
Calves (l/r): 13"/13"
Rib (under bust): 30.25"
Bust: 38"
Biceps (l/r): 10.5"/10.5"

Pushups (in a row before crashing): 7.
Crunches (in 1 minute): 42
Mile time: 10:37, plus feeling like puking

No comments:

Post a Comment