Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 2: Yoga Practice for Flexibility

How My Body's Doing: Sore in the hips, only a tiny bit in the glutes. Everything else is fine, save for some dizziness.

After the 12k walk, I felt alright. I sustained one blister on the ball of my right foot. It was a deep blister too- my feet are pretty calloused. I know what they say, don't pop blisters, right? Nah. I pop them. Not all the way, it's just that I prefer the pain over the pressure of the fullness. So, I pop them a little bit, enough to leak a bit of the shock fluid, put some neosporin over it (and on the needle I use to pop it), and I can't even tell there's a blister.

The only real problem I have is that my - hips - are sore. Not my legs. It feels like it's in the joints and maybe a bit in the glutes. I'm not injured in any other way (and I shouldn't be- 11 min/km, though faster than the perceived "norm," is not intense enough for injury). It's just off that my hips of all things are sore. I'm still technically in my teenagehood (is that even a word? My little sister used it), so having joint pain is...odd to say the least. I ended up with around 1,830 Calories yesterday, but it was mostly in M&Ms and Peanut Butter Cups from Easter and my Grandma's dinner. Normally I avoid sauces (I just don't like them much), but she mixed the pasta, broccoli, chicken, and alfredo sauce all together

Needless to say, with sore hips and glutes, I was more than happy to have a small yoga session. It was actually two- one was a backbend flexibility practice, which I failed at, and the other was a front-bend. I got a bit dizzy during it, but oh well. I always do during yoga. Writing a review of it now, which can be found here.
When I'm done with it, of course. My HRM doesn't do yoga cals burned, because I never get my heart rate into a zone it recognizes as activity (my RHR is in the low 50s- It read 54 today sitting watching TV- so it takes real cardio to get it up enough to be registered). A calculator said I burned around 115-120 calories, so I'm going with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment