Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 4: Fire 30 and HIIT 15

How my body is doing: feeling kind of great. No injuries or complaints currently.

I did two workout videos today, both from Chalene Johnson's TurboFire. The first video i did around noon. That was the HIIT 15. I am just going to put this out there: bad choice. Actually, it was probably the opposite. They say the best workout is the one that challenges you, yeah? Anyway, I had thought, "oh, its 15 minutes. I can do that eassyyy peasy." Yep, peasy. Well, I guess I didn't think enough. For anybody unaware, HIIT is "high intensity interval training." Basically that means you get your heart rate into anaerobic status- for me, I peaked at 190 bpm which isnt quite too my max but still super high- and then stop long enough for the heart rate to drop to aerobic levels. THEN you do it all again.

I had to stop about every 5 minutes because i felt like death. SHARP stabbing pains in my lower left abdomen forced me to stop ): I did the full workout though...just broken up. I also had some shoulder issue during the first minute or so, but i took care of it by stretching.

At around 3, my friend Sarah came over to do Fire 30 with me. I made it through without too much pain- nothing unusual to exercise- but i had trouble with the routine. Sarah, who is a dancer, felt like death 10 minutes in and also was constantly like, "I DON'T GET WHAT SHES DOING!"

Total Extra Cals burned today: around 550.

Overall good day. Yesterday I got to 1800 cals, and today I'm on target for today too (: At just around 930 calories at 5:41, before dinner. Keep in mind that I stay up way late and like to eat candy at night... a habit I must reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment